Thursday, July 22, 2010

Post-Test Blog #13

What skills do I need in order to be successful in 11th grade?
The skills that I need in order to be successful in the eleventh grade are time management, organization, concentration, and dedication.

1. How would I prioritize the skills that teachers generally focus on?

I think that I will priotize the skills by concentrating more in my work and less in having fun with my friends.

2. Justify which skills benefit my learning and which hinder my learning.

I think that the skills that benefit my learning are organiztion,time management, concentration, and dedication. The skills that will hinder my learning are going to be having fun while working because having fun while working can lead into having TOO much fun which will lead into an F.




How is Chemistry similar to Math?
Chemistry is similar to Math because both Chem. & Math have to go through equations in order to get to the answer.

1. Identify and explain the math involved in Molarity & Dilution.

A Logarithm scale is used in Molarity & Dilution to make it easier to understand.

2. How can I verify the equations for Molarity & Dilution through experimentation?

You can do a lab like the one we did in class which for the pH tests in order to create an equation due to the data that was found when experimenting.


3. Identify and explain the math involved in calculating pH?

pH=-log10[H+]. What you do for this equation iss simply plug in the the number given for the[H+] and multiply it my -log10.

How is writing a Lab Report like writing a 5-paragraph essay? Like the Habits of Mind?

Lab Report & Essay

  • A Lab Report is like writing a 5-paragraph essay because in both writings you have to start off with an introduction.
  • In an essay you need a thesis sentence and in a lab report you have to write a hypothesis so it's as if your thesis was like your hypothsesis.
  • In an essay you have 3 body paragraphs and in a lab you have to write your procedure and observation/data so it's as if the procedure and obsevations/data were your 3 body paragraphs.
  • Both an essay and a lab report need a conclusion therefore both the essay and the lab report have this in common.

Lab Report & Habits of Mind

  • Introduction--->Wonder
  • Marterials--->Innovation/Mindfulness
  • Procedure--->Innovation/Ownership/Perspective/Mindfulness
  • Observation/Data--->Evidence/Ownership/Perspective
  • Conclusion/Summary--->Ownership/Perspective


1. How does the order of the Scientific Method help organize my thoughts?



2. How effective is the Lab Report format?
I think the Lab Report format is VERY effective to me I use the format as a step by step format in order for me to get through the lab report.

3. Is there a better format for writing lab reports? Can I devise a new format and defend my reasoning for it?
I honestly don't think that there is a better format other than the one that we're using because with this format it's easy to relate to the Habits of Minds and typical essay that we're so used to doing in this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment